JOLLY-MERCY LEARNING CENTRE, NANGABO
SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1 LANGUAGE: English is the unifying official language that MUST be used for communication on the school premises.
2. PUNCTUAITY: Arrival time every school day for classes P5 –P7 is 7.30am while preprimary to P4 is 7.45am. Late coming is viewed as a serious offence and perpetuating it will lead to suspension and or dismissal from the school.
3. LESSONS: All pupils at all levels MUST take their lessons very seriously and with commitment. Any laxity in this regard will NOT be tolerated.
4. SMARTNESS: Parents MUST ensure their children are generally SMART i.e. in full school uniform; polished black shoes (NOT HIGH HEELS) WELL COMBED HAIR (backward). Curl-knitted or French cut will not be allowed in the school. All pupils are required to carry a HANDKERCHIEF daily.
5. RESPECT: Children ought to stand up when a teacher or visitor comes in their classroom. The children should also respect the school property or school environments in general i.e. no littering. A pupil who breaks school furniture e.g. chairs or vandalizes school property, their parents will be asked to replace the same.
6. NOISE MAKING : Making uncontrolled noise while:- – in class during lesson time; – on parade / in assembly; – in the sick bay; – at lunch – in any other areas that may be designated by the school authority is prohibited.
7. SCHOOL MEALS: All pupils must have or take school meals, both day and boarders.
8. HOMEWORK: All pupils admitted to this school MUST always do their homework exercises on a daily basis as assigned by their respective teachers. All pupils must ensure that their homework pieces are always signed by parents
Jolly Mercy Learning Centre ‐ Regulations 1
Jolly Mercy Learning Centre ‐ Regulations 2
9. MORALS: Good morals must be observed by every pupil. Stealing of any nature, insolence/rudeness to any teachers or prefects or visitors and use of ABUSIVE language are strictly forbidden.
10. ABSENTEEISM: Perpetual absenteeism from school without any prior information to the Headmistress or Deputy shall be treated as an offense, punishable for two weeks.
In any case of any problem a child fails to attend classes, the parents / guardians have to inform the administration in writing.
11. ABIDING TO SCHOOL RULES: Failure to abide or comply with any of the above rules or any other that may be communicated to parents / guardians later, the child shall be suspended or dismissed with or without warning.
12. DECLARATION I have read, understood and noted the school rules and regulations and I am willing to abide by them.
Pupils Name __________________________________ Class _________________________
Signature __________________________________ Date __________________________
Parents Name ________________________________________________________________
Signature ___________________________________ Date _________________________